Friday, January 25, 2008

Censorship

I thought that we needed to consider some serious issues on this blog, and a friend of mine sent this to me. I think it raises some interesting questions about censorship and its ability to actually create different discourses simply because it exists; is the absence of speech in fact a form of speech? If something is bleeped out, does it make it less or more visible?

(I'm going to try to embed this from youtube. It might work. In case it doesn't, I'll put in a link as well.)



or see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXPnH0C9UA

Hope this spurs debate. Or at least that it makes you laugh as much as it did me.

Beth

1 comment:

The Family said...

Beth, great contribution to the blog. Helen and I will discuss today and try to come up with something insightful to add to the debate. In the meantime, keep an eye out for a new blog member...we've invited long-lost cousin Philip to join in the fun and he is promising to post something soon.